Getting things working was pretty easy.
- Re-enable your iTunes service, if previously disabled
- Enable the iTunes via the UI at "Control Panel->iTunes". Set the share name and password if desired
- This will create a new folder at /volume1/music, which is where your shared music must reside.
Since I already have my music elsewhere, I'll just create a symlink to my existing collection
rm -rf musicln -s /volume1/data/MEDIA/music
- Return to the UI and click "Re-index" to scan your collection. This might take a while.
- In iTunes, verify your server is appearing under "Shared Libraries" and click it
- You should see all your music available to be played.
- If you add more files to your folder, you'll might have to re-index again.